Why Certified Pre-Owned?
Only Subaru Certified Pre-Owned checks your vehicle's past, present and protects your future. Even before its 152-point safety inspection, every Certified Pre-Owned Subaru has received a CARFAX® History Report. No secrets. No surprises. Just great value in a vehicle that has our exacting standards, not once, but twice. And since they come with nationally recognized, factory-backed, 7-year/100,000-mile CPO Powertrain Coverage and 24/7 roadside assistance, you can be sure you made the right choice.
Here are all the things that get checked:
- Exterior: Check and recondition sheet metal and bumpers, wheels and tires, paint condition, glass, lights, security system and more.
- Road Test: Test engine, transmission, steering and brake performance. Check clutch operation, wheel balance, wheel alignment, emissions and more.
- Interior: Check and recondition power equipment, controls, features, upholstery, carpet, seat belts, brake and clutch pedals and more.
- Undercarriage: Check and recondition brakes, steering linkage, exhaust system, axles, struts, tires and more.
- Under Hood: Check and recondition fluids, filters, hoses, battery and more.
What Makes It Certified?
To qualify for the Certified Pre-Owned Program, each Subaru must meet the following high standards:
- Must be from the current model year or preceding 5 years.
- Must have under 80,000 miles on the odometer.
- Must pass a rigorous 152-point inspection.
- Must receive a clean CARFAX History Report, meaning it does not contain any DMV-reported incidents like salvage, fire damage or lemon history.
Mechanical Breakdown Protection
The benefits of a Certified Pre-Owned Subaru continue long after the inspection process. They stay with you whenever you drive, wherever you go.
All qualifying Certified Pre-Owned vehicles will now receive a standard 7 year or 100,000 mile Powertrain plan with Roadside Assistance, a $0 deductible, and Carfax report at no additional cost.
All Certified Pre-Owned vehicles are eligible for either a 7 year, 100,000 mile Classic or Gold Plus plan (with Roadside Assistance) at their choice of a $0, $50, or $100 deductible as an upgrade at additional cost.