Here are all the things that get checked to be CPO:
- Exterior: Check and recondition sheet metal and bumpers, wheels and tires, paint condition, glass, lights, security system and more.
- Road Test: Test engine, transmission, steering and brake performance. Check clutch operation, wheel balance, wheel alignment, emissions and more.
- Interior: Check and recondition power equipment, controls, features, upholstery, carpet, seat belts, brake and clutch pedals and more.
- Undercarriage: Check and recondition brakes, steering linkage, exhaust system, axles, struts, tires and more.
- Under Hood: Check and recondition fluids, filters, hoses, battery and more.
What Makes It Certified?
To qualify for the Certified Pre-Owned Program, each Subaru must meet the following high standards:
- Must be from the current model year or preceding 5 years.
- Must have under 80,000 miles on the odometer.
- Must pass a rigorous 152-point inspection.
- Must receive a clean CARFAX History Report, meaning it does not contain any DMV-reported incidents like salvage, fire damage or lemon history.
Mechanical Breakdown Protection
The benefits of a Certified Pre-Owned Subaru continue long after the inspection process. They stay with you whenever you drive, wherever you go.
All qualifying Certified Pre-Owned vehicles will now receive a standard 7 year or 100,000 mile Powertrain plan with Roadside Assistance, a $0 deductible, and Carfax report at no additional cost.
All Certified Pre-Owned vehicles are eligible for either a 7 year, 100,000 mile Classic or Gold Plus plan (with Roadside Assistance) at their choice of a $0, $50, or $100 deductible as an upgrade at additional cost.
If you cannot find your ideal vehicle in our current pre-owned inventory, check out our handy CarFinder tool. After specifying a search period (1 to 8 weeks) and providing vehicle details, we'll begin the search process for you and send you a notification when a matching vehicle arrives in our inventory.